Accessing Long-Term Care
How To Access Long-Term Care
Admissions to all long term care homes in Ontario are made by Home and Community Care, delivered through Local Health Integration Networks. These agencies can help:
- Clarify care needs
- Explain available choices
- Make connections to appropriate services and providers in your community
- Arrange for admission to a long- term care home
For information and to determine your eligibility for government funded services and support, call 1-800-810-0000 or email [email protected].
Understanding long-term care options and accessing important information can be challenging. Below you will find links to a few website you may find helpful depending on your specific needs.
- Local Health Integration Network: http://www.lhins.on.ca/
- Advantage Ontario: https://www.advantageontario.ca/
- Ontario Long Term Care Association: http://www.oltca.com/
- Alzheimer Society of Canada: http://www.alzheimer.ca/en
The Government of Ontario determines rates for all long-term facilities. The co-payment for a standard room can be subsidized depending on a person’s income. We will work with you to determine if you are eligible for a reduction.