Commitment to Quality
February 9, 2016 (ratified November 28, 2017)
The Board of Directors is committed to the highest quality of care, support and client / resident experience, as well as excellent customer service for all stakeholders.
- Through the establishment of a Quality Committee (hereafter referred to as the “Committee”) the Board of Directors will be assured of the high quality of safety, resident / client experience, services and organizational effectiveness.
- Through the use of the Mission Score Card the Board will establish benchmarks and monitor on a quarterly basis progress to be assured of the achievement of strategic goals and service outcomes.
- Risk Management strategies will be established and reviewed annually to effectively mitigate and manage factors contributing to clinical, service and organizational risk.
- The Board of Directors will obtain reasonable assurance as to the adherence to regulatory standards and legislated requirements established by law and accrediting bodies.
- A set of clearly defined benchmarks for improving the client experience will be established by Management and results will be regularly monitored at meetings of the Committee.
- The Committee will review actions taken by Management to ensure that customer feedback and improvements are implemented to meet annually established targets and to support continuous quality improvement.
- The Committee will oversee the establishment of an annualized Quality Improvement Plan and monitor progress to determine achievement of outcomes, track variances and outline strategies for improvement.
- The Committee will provide the Board of Directors with a regular Quality Report, recommending changes, improvements and actions as appropriate.
- The Committee will comprise members as outlined in the Terms of Reference for the Quality Committee of the Board of Directors.
- The Committee shall meet at least on a quarterly basis and at the call of the Chair of the Committee.